1. Social Security / Disability
This document will review how to navigate the UberWriter income analysis tool including the following topics
- Choosing Social Security / Disability Income
- Review of source of documentation options for income
- Grossing up income when guidelines allow for social security / disability
2. Guideline References:
3. Step by step instructions
Choose Social Security / Disability Income for your borrower from “add income source” menu
Click on the income tab, choose the borrower to enter income, and click the magnifying glass to start data input
Choose the source of documentation from award letter, tax return, 1099, or bank statement
Enter data in the required fields.
Choose the correct income based on published guidelines, and add comments to clear warnings or notify investor of unique situations
To gross up income choose “yes” on the gross up income and enter in the required data to confirm the income is tax free. Lines 20 A and 20B from the tax return will confirm the income is or is not tax free.